DLM Tow and Recovery 505-822-9747
If we have towed your vehicle due to an accident, a police tow, or improper parking, we will gladly help you recover your car as quickly and inexpensively as possible. As always, there is a little paperwork involved.
Take note of these four things you will need when recovering a vehicle:
- Proof of ownership
- Current Registration
- Title with your printed name on the front
- Signed-over Title with a notarized Bill of Sale for each transfer
- A current DMV printout showing you as the vehicle owner
- A dealer’s report of sale (DRS) which has not expired. New cars 30 days from date of purhase, new cars 10 days from date of purchase.
- Rental vehicles require a rental contract in your name.
- Photo identification
- Acceptable forms of identification:All state and federal government issued photo identification cardsDrivers license, Sheriff’s cards, INS Issued Temporary Alien Cards, INS Alien Cards, Gaming Cards, Work Cards issued by APD
- Exception, Declaration of arrest accompanied by a notice of drivers license revocation.
- A release form if your car has a hold.
- Cash (unfortunately we cannot accept credit cards or checks of any kind.)
If you are not the vehicle owner and want to obtain or visit the vehicle, you will need:
- A signed, dated and notarized note or letter from the vehicle owner with a vehicle description including the VIN# (VIN# is required).
- If the vehicle owner is in custody, a fully completed (in ink) signed Jail Vehicle Release Form is sufficient.